Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Results Are In -- Thanks to All


Thanks to all for your help with this comment option experiment. Although most of you were able to leave comments on the last post, it doesn't work for everyone. [For those just now joining in, I tried a different comment option on my blog which blocks most spam comments. Unfortunately, it also blocked some legitimate comments, or at least blocked the link back to the commenter's blog.]

Part of the value of leaving comments is to have a link back to your blogs so we can all meet new folks and connect with each other. If this comment option blocks the link backs for some then it's not a good option here. (Wordpress blocks my link back on some blogs and that is a disappointment, so I understand that!)

Besides, Vishnu ended up appearing as "Unknown." Oh dear! He is anything but!!

So I am going back to the most unrestricted option. This opens the door for anonymous spam comments, so I will once again rely on comment moderation so that I can delete the few that get past the spam filter before they appear on the blog. I appreciate your continued patience with  the short delay in the appearance of your comments.

Well, it was worth a try, and I got lots of good information thanks to your help. If you want to see the information for yourselves, please check out the comments on the last two posts.

Stay tuned for a regular post soon!

With much gratitude for my most excellent blog friends,
Galen

2 comments:

  1. haha thanks for the shout:) I love that I showed up as unknown but won't be here! I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong too to be able to comment as 'known' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vishnu, I don't know that you are doing anything wrong. I think Blogger options are limited. So for now, I'll go back to what I was doing before, because I don't ever want you to be "unknown."

      Delete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.