Friday, October 22, 2010

Gratitude Board

I have two kids still living at home. They both go to college and also work, so we are rarely all at home at the same time. I have one of those little dry erase boards on the refrigerator so that we can leave messages for each other – where we are going to be, phone messages, etc. But much of the time, the board sits empty. So yesterday I wrote at the top of the board “I’m grateful for ...” and began a list. By evening, a couple of new entries were added, and today, a few more.

Here is what it currently says:

I’m grateful for–
1. Sunshine
2. Doughnuts
3. Music
4. Clean towels
5. Being healthy
6.

When we run out of room, we can just erase and start over. I like the idea that as we pass the refrigerator, we can communicate with each other about what we are grateful for.

I’m going to need a second board now for messages!

P.S. I would love to take credit for this idea, but I read about it recently on Ann Voskamp’s blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.