Monday, February 11, 2013

World Spring


Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.  –Rumi

“Arab Spring” is the term often used to describe an ongoing series of protests and wars spreading through the Arab world in the last two years. The term sounds promising and full of hope, although the conflicts themselves, regardless of the outcome, have caused a great deal of suffering.

I read that one slogan of the demonstrators has been Ash-shab yurid isqat an-nizam, "the people want to bring down the regime.” Many of us can understand this sentiment, whether in support of people seeking more freedom in other countries, or wanting change in our own country, or just change in our own lives.

Are you interesting in creating your own Inner Spring and thereby changing the world? I'm thrilled to be guest posting on one of my favorite blogs today. Please click here to read the rest of this post at Vishnu's Virtues.

17 comments:

  1. Creating my own Inner Spring to change the world is a very warming thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, Glad you like the image, but no more global warming--ha! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for writing this post Galen! Really appreciate your visit and contribution to the blog this week. Also, appreciate the wisdom you shared and the inspiration to continue to change ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vishnu, Thanks for the invitation. It's a pleasure to guest post on your blog, and I'm meeting some new folks in the comments.

      Delete
  3. I saw your wonderful post, Galen, and left a comment there. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for pointing the way to Vishnu's blog and your post. I enjoyed it and learned from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I love Vishnu's blog. I know you will, too.

      Delete
  5. We have been watching the news every day as we have family in the region. We pray often that change comes softly. I will stop over and see your guest post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, Thanks for stopping by over there and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. Heading right over to read the post there Galen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it there and I love it here! Hugs, Galen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.