Thursday, November 15, 2012

Please Help Me Help


As some of you know, I released a book October 2, with the same title as my blog.  (You can find out more about the book by clicking on the book in the right margin.)  All the proceeds of the book are donated to Edwards Center, an organization which provides a wide range of services to adults with developmental disabilities, including my two sons with autism.

Some of you have posted lovely and very gracious reviews and interviews for which I am humbly grateful.  I thought that one way I could show my thanks is to list your blogs here with links to the reviews.  My hope is that readers who aren’t already familiar with your wonderful blogs will stop by for a visit.

Yes, there is a selfish aspect to this way of expressing thanks.  I also hope that you, my dear blog friends, will help me spread the word about the book through sharing links and tweets of the reviews.

And if you have read the book and enjoyed it, would you consider posting a review on Amazon?

I so appreciate everyone’s help.  Adults with developmental disabilities are such a vulnerable population.  Edwards Center is a lifeline for them and their families, like my sons and me.  Click here to visit their website and find out more about this amazing organization.

You can help me support Edwards Center by helping me get the word out about the book as we head into the holidays.  It makes a perfect gift!

Here is the list of blogs on which reviews and interviews have been posted.  These are all blogs that I read and enjoy.  They represent a wide range of topics, so I’m sure you will find some new blogs to add to your reading list.

Thank you!!

Sources of Insight
A Clear Sign
The Bold Life
Satisfying Retirement
Invisible Mikey
Life as We Live It
Thoughts from a Bag Lady in Waiting
Everyday Gyaan
Retire in Style
Powered by Intuition
B Here Today
Vishnu’s Virtues
Evolving Beings
Going A-Musing
Always Well Within
The BridgeMaker
The Disconnected Writer
The Happiness Series
Facets of Joy

Please note that I will be away from my computer Friday and will return on Saturday, so please excuse any delay in posting your comments due to comment moderation.  Your comments are important and will be published immediately when I return.

24 comments:

  1. Besides posting a review on my blog, I bought half a dozen books for family and friends. Galen's insight into what makes us happy and how to spend more time in that place means her book is a perfect gift for the holidays.

    Besides, the Edwards Center is doing an amazing job and deserves all of our support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob for all your support. Glad to help you with your holiday shopping!

      Delete
  2. Excellent strategy to increase sales. I'll help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Myrna, I appreciate your helping me get the word out.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the book, it looks wonderful. It looks like a great gift too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I've heard from others that they are doing all their holiday shopping with the book.

      Delete
    2. I have read this book and it is a must for every grandmother, mother, daughter, father, friends, minister on your list. Please act on your words!

      b

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Barbara! I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  4. Loved the book. Rereading it as we speak. And enjoyed reviewing it - such a practical and funny book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vishnu, So glad you are enjoying it and I appreciate the kind words. And the review!

      Delete
  5. congrats for launching your book, i started with amazon as well 3 weeks ago, wish you all the best of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, farouk. Will you send me the link to your book? Good luck to you, too!

      Delete
  6. I'm finally reading your book and LOVING it! I just finished "Starter Habits" and I'm so looking forward to the rest. You are a wonderful writer with so much insight. When I finish 10 Steps to Finding Your Happy Place, I will post a review on Amazon. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I appreciate your kind words and your support.

      Delete
  7. Galen: Just posted my five-star review with Amazon. Best of luck with the promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Galen, I am excited to read your book and I will make comment when I have completed it. I love following your posts so I know your book will be awesome. It is the next one on my list to read.
    Blessings for all of your posts; I know you affect many lives with your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, Thanks for the positive words! I appreciate your support so much.

      Delete
  9. congrats to you! having a book published to me is like wow!!! good for you. and the Edwards Center sounds like a wonderful organization for helping others. good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annmarie, Thank you! Edwards Center really is wonderful. It has been a godsend to me and my family. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  10. Hi Galen,

    I'm off to purchase your book now. I've heard so much about it and want to have it on my Kindle. Best of luck with your book. I'll be sure to review after I've read it. Thank you for sharing your joy. You are such an inspiration! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, Thank you for supporting my efforts and for your kind words. I hope you like the book! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

      Delete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.