Friday, August 13, 2010

Small Mercies

My 18 year old daughter likes to watch reality shows. I know, don’t even get me started. However, in truth, I don’t mind her watching the ones about teen moms because the shows do not make teen motherhood look like a good idea. At all. (If you have a teenager, watching a few episodes of “16 and Pregnant” together will do more good than hours of lecturing!)

Anyway, she walked into the kitchen this morning and told me she had watched a reality show about parents who embarrassed their children. Oh oh, I thought. Maybe she sees her 15 minutes of fame opportunity here. “So,” I asked cautiously, “are you planning to get on the show?” She looked at me, momentarily puzzled, and then exclaimed, “Oh no, Mom, you’re not THAT bad!”

Whew! I’m grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.