Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The More You Give, the More You Have



My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.
~Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Juliet was just a teenager when she proclaimed her love for Romeo, but she was wise beyond her years. She knew the truth about love. True love expands and increases when it is given away, increasing for the giver as well as the receiver.

We sometimes think of love as an exchange. I will love you and you will love me back. A quid pro quo which must be traded in equal quantities or one person is left with less. This kind of love is risky business, with potential for loss and pain. A bad bargain.

But love in its purest form is limitless. Like the loaves and fishes that Jesus blessed, love multiplies to feed the spirits of the hungry until all are sated...with more love left over. There is never not enough.

What is love’s secret? Please click here to read the rest of this post at The BridgeMaker.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the link to your post. I left a comment there. Have a wonderful day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I have responded there. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. No there is never enough love. It is the most beautiful gift we can give one another. I think back when i was dating my hubby. After a really bad marriage he had a problem iwth trusting love. finally one day i told him. I Love you and their is nothing you can do anything about it. It does not matter whether you want to love me back. The love that I have for you is mine to give and it is up to you if you want to receive it or not. I walked away, he thought about it and the rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, Great story! Thanks for sharing it. I can just imagine you saying that--ha! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Galen,

    Thank you for sharing your inspiration, wisdom and love everywhere you go!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, Thank you so much for inviting me to appear on your wonderful blog!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I loved this one; it was a powerful post. I loved the sentence; "love in the purest form is limitless.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, Thank you so much for the kind words! Blessings back to you!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your quotes over at Alex's blog Galen. Why is romantic love so much powerful than other loves? If we could love all and everything with the same intensity of Romeo and Juliet :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.