Friday, May 13, 2011

Did I Break Blogger?

Right on the heels of removing word verificaion for comments on my blog, Blogger broke down for almost 24 hours. They say it was something that happened during maintenance, but I can't help but wonder!

I can now sign on, but my last two posts have disappeared. Blogger says lost posts will be restored, so I will hold off on reposting to see if this happens.

Meanwhile, I am headed up to my cabin for the weekend, so I will be away from the computer till I get back on Sunday.

If the lost posts are restored, and if you would like to comment, please do so and I will happily publish your comments as soon as I get back. If the lost posts are indeed lost, then I will repost them on Sunday.

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks alot, Galen. You knocked us all out of the box, but we are not all going up to the cabin to to recoup. Please be careful next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! Just when I wanted to read your recent posts. Oh well. I'll be back.

    I'm so glad you have the cabin. Have a terrific time there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend Galen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my self-congratulations about developing my patience flew out the window Thursday morning when my blog entered Google-land. What a frustrating time that kept going hour after hour. When the ability to post and comment returned Friday afternoon I felt like a kid with a Christmas present.

    I back up my blog every single day so if chunks wee lost I could come back, but luckily I didn't need it. The comments for the last post were not put back, but I had them saved in a gmail file.

    It is scary how dependent we can become on out stuff on a "cloud" somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all this! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all for your comments. I see that my missing posts have been restored, but not with all the previous comments, although Blogger says they are working on those. What a bizarre experience. I was surprised by how disconcerted I was. It was good to go to the cabin and have some distance, literally and figuratively, from the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like my comment isn't here anymore... maybe cos I mentioned Wordpress (((chuckles)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jean--Blogger was down for 24 hours last week. They restored two posts that were temporarily lost, but some of the comments were permanently lost, both on this post and on the last post. I so sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! Thank you and keep up the good work. We need more blogs like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanya--Thanks for the vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.