Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Make Someone's Day!

During a meeting yesterday, the woman I was sitting next to turned to me and said, out of the blue, “You have the nicest smile. I bet everyone tells you that.”

Well, no, no one tells me that. My mom probably told me that when I was little; I don’t remember. But when this woman told me that, I ... well, I’m embarrassed to admit how pleased I was. I basked in that compliment all day. I smiled at myself in the rear view mirror at traffic lights. I smiled at my children. I smiled at strangers. I just smiled for no reason.

That simple compliment made my day. I woke up this morning still thinking about it. How easy it is to brighten someone’s day with a few kind words. Today, I am going to look for opportunities to pay her kindness forward. What fun!

5 comments:

  1. Love this reminder about the power of kind words! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a wonderful smile and I took a picture of it!!! It's still one of my fav pictures I ever took!
    (((((((((((smooches))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reply to Girlie-- Ha! I love that picture, too! I have it in my office where I can see it every day and remember the friend who took it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might not have a picture of it, but I echo Girlie's comment about your smile! You are, indeed, a wonderful human being and I am glad to share life's path with you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.