Friday, October 29, 2010

T-Shirt Wisdom

Seen on a T-shirt “NOTE TO SELF: THIS WILL BE AN AWESOME DAY!”

I am going to make that my note to self today. And I’m going to make it an awesome day by trying an exercise I read about in Rolling Around Heaven by Jessica Maxwell. I’m going to say thank you for everything today. For one day I am going to be grateful for everything, without judgment, without hesitation.

So this is how my day has started out. I’m thankful that–
I woke up this morning
my brain knows where I am
I have a cozy bed to wake up in
the dog who shares my cozy bed no longer has fleas
I can breathe
I have eyes that can look out the window at the first faint light
I have ears that can hear the construction noise across the street
the construction workers waited until I was awake to start work today
my legs worked when I got out of bed
my house has heat that comes on magically in the morning when I turn it up
I have indoor plumbing
I have hot water for a shower
my robe is clean and smells good
I have my favorite cereal for breakfast
I have teeth to eat it with
I have clothes to wear
my house has electricity
I have a computer
my computer works
(I guess I have to be grateful that my computer is slow as molasses, but I momentarily hesitated on that one)
it’s Friday

That’s as far as I’ve gotten.

Now I’m going to go be grateful for my toothbrush and toothpaste, and then I’m going to be grateful for my car which will take me to my job I’m grateful for.

I hope you have an awesome day today full of gratitude.

Related posts: I'm Grateful for That, 1000 Gifts

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your uplifting post...except for a few items - I can relate to most of the things you have listed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's the fleas that you can't relate to! I'm thankful for the people who sprayed my house yesterday! I'm thankful for my washer and dryer so I don't have to wash all the bedding by hand!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.