Sunday, January 16, 2011

When It Rains....

Well, knock me over with a feather. I just received the Stylish Blogger award from two different bloggers within two days, Mama Pike’s Happy Home and Living on Less.

I admit I wondered about the title “Stylish Blogger.” Does that mean my blog is stylish? Compared to most of the blogs I visit, mine is decidedly simple. Maybe it means I’m stylish. How do they know what I’m wearing right now? (unstylish sweatpants)

No matter. Having received precious few awards in my life, I’m pleased to get an award of any name! As I advise friends who argue when they get a compliment, “Just say thank you.” Receiving a compliment is a way to give yourself permission to be happy. So thank you both very, very much. You made my day. Both days.

To accept the award I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself.

1. I love to watch football. (Go Titans...next season!)
2. To feel better about spending so many hours watching football, I quilt while I watch.
3. I’m studying Chinese.
4. I loved riding horses when I was growing up.
5. My comfort food is a BLT, hold the T.
6. I love rip roaring thunderstorms.
7. I talk to the creek by my cabin. (Sometimes it talks back.)

The best part of getting the award is getting to pass it on to five other bloggers. Since I got two awards, I get to pass it on to ten. (This was a hard choice since I know more than ten blogs I would consider very “stylish.”) So here is a list of ten blogs I think are terrific. I hope you will enjoy visiting them.

From Mountain Tops
Musings and Photography
The Disconnected Writer
Han of Harmony
21 Wits, by Karen
Patricia’s Wisdom
One Mixed Bag
The Soapbox
Superman Sammy
Dreaming of Open Seas

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for my "Stylish Blogger" Award, I am honored and I have passed it on too! Limiting it to 5 is really hard, as not to hurt anyones feelings! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You deserve it.
    *blush* Thank you for passing it on to me. Now I will have to go peek at all the blogs you suggested. New to me blogs, yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is beautiful and such a help to those who visit it. You deserve the award, Galen, and I am honored that you passed it to me...despite my rather unstylish ramblings....but I love how you understand where I am rambling from. I will try to limit my choice to five...gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Other than the obvious , “stylish” also means smart, sharp, snappy, graceful and tasteful – I think I know why you won.

    God Bless and Keep you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very rich in colour and I love the background. Not sure how a BLT can be a BLT without the T ;-}.

    Hope you don't mind me joining your blog, I found you through a very good blogger friend of mine Darlin.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments.

    Craig--Gosh, you know how to make a blogger blush!

    Si--Of course you are welcome to join! So glad you and Darlin found your way to my blog. Yes, you can have a great BLT without the T!! I guess the 8th thing I could tell everyone is that I can't stand raw tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for including me in your list of terrific blogs! I'm feeling better about myself.

    Stylish blog award is well deserved! You provide a great deal of support and enthusiasm to improving others lives.

    Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Galen, for my award - once again you made me feel positive. Thanks :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Galen -
    You are so kind. Thank you for the award. You have encouraged me more than you know with my writing and with finding joy! It may take me a few days to pass on the award to others, I have so many favorite blogs.
    Thanks for blessing me today,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I chose your blog because your writing is stylish! :) I really enjoy reading it!!! I am so happy you got two awards. Have a greed day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy to pass along a compliment to blogs I enjoy reading, so y'all are welcome.

    Coupon Queen, you made my day...again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Galen: I thank you. Your blog is definitely stylish, and you sound stylish. I will work on my seven things and post them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since I get your blog via email, sometimes I don't comment, but this is outstanding that you received two awards. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats for the awards. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS Galen! I'm an avid football fan as well (Go Bengals- maybe in another decade) :) And I really dig that you talk to the creek by your cabin- makes me feel less ill at ease talking to my living room wall (alas, it does not talk back) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks and Congrats, Galen!! And thank you so much for including me in your list despite my recent long absence from blogging. You are truly a gem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm, uh....she stammers in embarrassment.... I see this post was a year ago... Ummm..... hee hee hee (sheepish laughter).... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.